PERSONAL DATA AND PRIVACY NOTICE
Nippon Paint (M) Sdn Bhd (“the Company”) respects your privacy. We treat and view your personal data seriously.
This Personal Data and Privacy Notice is issued to all our clients pursuant to the requirements of the Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
Personal Information & Data Collection
In the course of your dealings with us, we will request that you provide data and information about yourself and/or your organisation and/or your vendors and/or your distributors and/or your business partners and/or your customers ("Personal Data”) to enable us to enter into transaction with you or to deliver the necessary services and/or our products in connection with our business.
Such Personal Data may include information concerning name as per identity card, preferred name, identity card number, age, contact number, residential address, e-mail address, birth date, gender, occupation, designation, bank account details, interest, information of spouse/ children such as name and birth date, information as to physical or mental health, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of an offence and other such data necessary for the performance of our services to you.
Purposes of collecting and processing Personal Data
Collection of personal data is relevant in connection with our business process, execution, including delivery of services and/or products and client relationship management.
Personal Data you provide will be collected, used and otherwise processed by us for, amongst others, the following purposes:-
- To provide you with information on our products, services and offers which may be of interest to you;
- To notify you about benefits and changes to the features of our products and services;
- To provide you our latest offers, campaigns and promotions;
- To conduct research for analytical purposes;
- To publish your information (which may include your name, profile picture and such other relevant personal data) on our website, social media and our printing materials;
- To inform you of any upcoming event and updates;
- To use your information for participation in our events or award;
- For your participation in contest;
- Enable us to send you information by e-mail, telecommunication means (telephone calls or text messages) or social media about products and services offered by selected third parties that we think may interest you.
- To use your information for e-commerce
The above shall hereinafter be referred to as the “Purposes”.
Effects arising from failure to provide Personal Data
The failure to supply such Personal Data will / may:-
- result in us being unable to provide you with the services and/or products requested;
- result in us being unable to update you on latest promotion, our services, products and/or launches; and
- result in your inability to receive invitations to promotional activities organised by us.
- limit and/or prevent access to certain features/functions on website
Personal Data provided to us will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent and authorize us to provide or disclose Personal Data to the following categories of parties:-
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a competent regulatory or government agency;
- government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- our auditors, consultants, accountants, insurers or other financial and/or professional advisers; and
- any other person reasonably requiring the same in order for us to operate and maintain our business or carry out the activities set out in the Purposes.
We shall keep and process Personal Data in a secure manner. We endeavour, where practicable, to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, such Personal Data.
Data Transfer & Sharing
Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service or our products on our behalf to you, we may transfer Personal Data to a third party service or product providers within or outside the country in which we are established, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
Use of Analytic Tools
Some mobile applications will utilize Google Analytics to help us better serve you through improved products, services, and revisions to the mobile applications. Your identity is not disclosed to us when this information is collected information. It may, however, let us know anonymously, which services and features you are using the most within the application, as well as device type and hardware features and country.
Your Rights of Access and Correction
You have the right to request access to and correction of Personal Data held by us and in this respect, you may:
- check whether we hold or use such Personal Data and request access to such data;
- request that we correct any Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date;
- request that we specify or explain its policies and procedures in relation to data and types of Personal Data handled by us.